Monday 10 February 2014

sewing // commission complete.






Fabric & Buttons // The Cloth House 

I've finally got round to finishing a shirt I was commissioned to make for a friend. Being in between living spaces and having all my time occupied doesn't leave much time to get a shirt buttonholed (it's also pretty impossible when you've written off your car and the only place is miles away). But it's done and I think it's a perfect take on the classic White shirt, to me the wooden buttons really do the trick, let's hope the owner agrees hey? It's actually inspired me to do my own take on it, seeing as I have enough fabric left I'm going to get to it next time I am back home - fingers crossed they still have the buttons left in The Cloth House. 

I wanted to ask also, does anybody use/own an industrial buttonholer? I have seen one for sale at a fairly reasonable price and considering how much time it takes out of my day to take a garment or two to be buttonholed (not to mention the cost) I was thinking it might be more beneficial to invest in one for myself. I'd love to hear your thoughts: harleyholley@hotmail.co.uk, thank you xx