Monday 22 September 2014

alfie douglas // lfweekend.


I won tickets twice (thanks A.D, thanks Marina London!) for London Fashion Weekend at Somerset House. Last week I couldn't make the Thursday due to a very poorly puppy requiring my full attention but having won tickets again for the final day - being Sunday, I was determined not to miss it. 












Alfie Douglas at London Fashion Weekend, Somerset House

Alot of people dismiss London Fashion Weekend as your most likely not going to rub shoulders with any celebrities and there definitely isn't any high profile catwalk shows taking place. Though during my scurry to get passed the selfie hungry crowd I did notice a queue forming in the courtyard for a less than promising 'trend' show. I have little to no interest for trends, I have little to no interest for 'fashion' and I have absolutely no interest in people who stand around taking a million to one pictures for that 'I am a person of status - look where I am selfie'. Yawn, your boring. 

I do have interest in Leather, Craftmanship & A.D and that was the reason I visited London Fashion Weekend. I wanted to visit Alfie Douglas' show space - more importantly I wanted to introduce my mum to the brand I had been raving on about for months because I knew she would fall head over heels too. What I did not predict was within the first five minutes of seeing the 'Alfie Two' Backpack on Davida (Mother of the company) my mum would go on to buy the backpack. Anyone who knows my mum, knows she hates shopping and she certaintly hates buying anything. So like me, within minutes A.D had also won over my mothers heart. 

 Alfie Douglas are a family run team, consisting of Mother, Father and four daughters who 'share a love for handmade honest leather goods'. Their clean lines and clear concept, practical yet oh so affordable product is what lures me to the company the most, I can't seem to draw myself away - I think it's safe to say I am a A.D addict. After speaking to Gina & Emily about their upcoming projects we are sure going to be in for a treat. Whilst A.D keeps expanding so does my interest for them. A firm new favourite brand for me.