Friday 19 September 2014

kristen martincic // pool & water series.




KRISTIN MARTINCIC
'POOL & WATER SERIES'















KRISTIN MARTINCIC
'POOL & WATER SERIES'

"I  am fascinated with environments associated with water such as pools, lakes and shower stalls.  I am interested in how we relate to each of these various spaces as well as to the various levels of privacy they entail.  
I have been working with traditional print media and a hybrid of print, drawing and painting on panel to investigating this.  These mixed media works bend water, ladders, diving boards around the panel's side, moving two-dimensional image to object.  They simplify and compress space and invite the viewer to reconsider what lies beneath the surface of the familiar."

I saw these prints in a bleary eyed midnight haze whilst internet snooping late at night. I closed my laptop absent mindedly thinking I had lost the artist forever but luckily a brain cell or two had formed to my suprise in the midnight hours and I had remembered to screen shot the page. I want several prints scattered around my bathroom (if I can ever afford to move out) they allow me to get lost and force my mind in to a tranquil state.