Tuesday 16 September 2014

outfit // birthdays are best done in threes.


Excuse the crappiness of the picture quality and the fact Cash is trying to creep in to the photos but it was my Birthday weekend and Prosecco was more interesting than posing.





Outfit One // 
Top // Zara
Skirt // Alexander Wang 
Shoes // Charlotte Olympia
Earings // Dominic Jones 

The boy was deserting me for sunnier climates the following afternoon so he took me out for dinner at Terre a Terre in Brighton. The food was phenomenal - the fact that my Mum is forever raving on about it should of been a clear sign that I should of dined out here long ago. However it was the perfect birthday treat and it didn't stop there, the following morning hungover as hell, the boy treated me to breakfast at Mange Tout. A new firm favourite breakfast spot.



Outfit Two // 
Coat // Sandro 
Dress // Lover The Label
Ears // Tamzin Lillywhite 
Shoes // Charlotte Olympia

By the time the evening came on my actual birthday the hangover made it clear it was here to stay, I had spent the day stuffing my face with Pub food and watching Tour De Britain around my home town of Lewes inbetween naps. So by the time I was due out for dinner with my friends I was beyond sleepy. A very delayed arrival saw me seated last with my friends at Little Bay - we opted here as everyone was a little tight on the pennies and we could do with a laugh. The food for what we were paying was actually of a much higher standard than expected, I opted to share two Seafood dishes of which I would later regret. (I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in vomit from a nasty hit of food poisoning - never again will I eat mussels). 


Outfit Three //
Dress // Opening Ceremony
Shoes // Nicholas Kirkwood

As my birthday present the family had gifted me an overnight spa break, I took Mum with me. Despite ruining my mattress from horrific food poisoning (which I had invested alot of money in - Thanks Little Bay!) I managed to get my act together in time to get to the spa, the massage was a little tricky but you know, one gets through these things (ha). I have never visited a Spa and this was perfect, the fact I am not particularly a people person was perfect as you barely encountered another person. If your looking for a break from the world for even a few hours I would recommend visiting the East Sussex National

Despite having huge reservations about staying local for my birthday it was the perfect couple of days and I spent it with the best people I could of asked for!